The festive season is over, 2018 is officially here and it’s time to make some New Year’s resolutions. One of ours? Banishing frizzy hair for good. Whether the wet January weather wreaks havoc on your hair or your natural texture is tricky to tackle, we’re here to put an end to frizzy hair woes.
Taming frizz doesn’t have to involve products that use harsh chemicals. In fact, the secret to healthy hair (and healthy hair extensions) is to stick to all things natural. That’s why we love the BIO A+ O.E range at Great Lengths, particularly the 07 Frizz Control collection. 100% organic and designed to moisturise and revitalise hair, it’s our go-to recommendation for a super glossy finish.
Using products that are kind to hair can help to increase the potential wear time of Great Lengths hair extensions by 20% too. Ethically sourced and made with 100% human hair, it’s important to make sure your hair-care regime covers every single strand.
Out of your favourite anti-frizz product? Don’t panic, we have the perfect quick-fix. You’ll probably find most of the items required to create our 100% natural anti-frizz spray lying around in your bathroom already!
100% Natural Anti-Frizz Spray
With no parabens or chemicals involved, creating your own anti-frizz spray is easy. Below you’ll find everything you need, and you’ll be able to spritz away in a matter of minutes!
What you’ll need:
An empty spray bottle
Natural Aloe vera gel
Fractionated coconut oil, argan oil or jojoba oil
Lavender essential oil (optional)
Step by step:
- Find an empty spray bottle. Feel free to recycle one from an old product, just make sure you clean it thoroughly before you begin to remove any remaining residue!
- Add two tablespoons of natural Aloe vera gel into the spray bottle. Clear Aloe vera gel with a liquid consistency works best – avoid the thicker, green gel that is also available.
- Next, mix three tablespoons of water with one to two teaspoons of fractionated coconut oil. Fractionated coconut oil is liquid at room temperature, making it perfect for our anti-frizz spray. Alternatively, you can use one to two teaspoons of argan oil or jojoba oil instead, both work wonderfully!
- If you fancy adding a delicate fragrance to your anti-frizz spray, place five to eight drops of lavender essential oil into the mixture. This is optional – it won’t affect the performance of the frizz spray – and you can experiment with other essential oils too.
- Give the bottle a good shake, and apply to damp hair to style or dry hair as a finishing touch.
- Remember, shake your anti-frizz spray gently before every use.
Voila, that’s it! 100% natural, 100% easy and 100% suitable for all hair types, whether you’re rocking extensions or not. Frizzy locks? We promise you’ll never have to deal with them again.