Ever wondered how our VIPs keep their Great Lengths in perfect condition? Well wonder no longer as we caught up with some of our favourite GL Lovelies who let us in on their top tips and tricks for taking care of their Great Lengths. So sit back, relax and find out more on how to banish bad hair days for good…
Ultimate Styling tips from Una Healy:
- Never leave the house with wet hair.
- Avoid over styling during the colder months. Top knots and buns are your friends!
- Take a good vitamin to promote healthy hair growth.
Image Source: Instagram @hollycarpenter
Treat your hair Holly Carpenter style:
- Invest in a deep conditioning treatment to keep hair healthy and glossy … or make your own with coconut oil.
- Get a trim as the seasons change to get rid of any unwanted split ends!
- Protect your hair from the winter winds by wearing a hat in the colder months.
Image Source: Emily Quinn Photographer for VIP Magazine
Washing working wonders with Glenda Gilson:
- A hot shower is always the way to go on a cold winter day, but hot water does no favours for our tresses. Turn on the cold and use a warm oil and massage into hair and scalp. The cold water will give your hair an amazing shine and it will wake you up and get you ready for the day ahead.
- Use a good conditioner (appropriate for hair extensions) or leave a conditioning mask in after you wash. Conditioners help moisturise your hair so keep it away from the scalp. This will help it look shiny and prevent breakage.
- Allow your hair to air dry – I really should heed my own advice here and do it more often. Air-drying your hair is the healthiest way as hairdryers and curling irons can dry it out. If you don’t have time for your hair to dry naturally before going out to work, use a leave-in conditioner before using a blow dryer or curling iron.
Image Source: Instagram @rozannapurcell
Nighttime tips and tricks from Roz Purcell
- Plaits for bedtime! I always loosely plate my hair before bed to avoid tangling and to keep the extensions smooth.
- Silk pillow – this might sound a bit fancy but sleeping on a silk pillow not only helps hair but also your skin! Win win!
- Products- make sure to use sulphate free shampoos and conditioners- go for salon brands – investing a little more makes a huge difference! Also a good detangling spray is always handy.
- Detangle brush is your best friend- those cute little brushes you see everywhere? Yep I carry one all the time to give a brush throughout the day it helps separate the extensions and keep them fresh looking!
We’d love to hear your top tips on how you keep your hair in tip top condition.
Tweet us @GreatLengthsIRE